SR20 Forum banner

XE-R project begins

77K views 484 replies 77 participants last post by  sr20boston 
#1 · (Edited)
I am about to do the engine swap, but did the interior yesterday. swapped dash, nx console, se-r seats, and black trim instead of beat ass tan. looks so much better.

before

after

See less See more
#2 ·
wow nice

#6 ·
wish it were VVL or the popular det, but for now the SR20 will do good. Make me an offer on the shift boot (rubber). I also have some tail lights that I modified a bit. here are the sway bar differences. can you guess the stock xe from the nx2k's? lol

tail lights

bigger is better

#7 ·
oh, it doesn't look bigger, but. does anyone know if the xe front sway bar is different from se-r/nx front sway bar. I would imagine it is but doesn't look it.

#9 ·
yeah the pics doesn't justify it enough. you can bend the xe one by hand easily.

#11 ·
Definately gonna do the rear disc conversion. But at a later date. want to gather parts and rebuild calipers if needed. Also need to find good cables for rear disc as the drum cables are different.

#13 ·
pressed in my prothane MMs in a spare set, and are going to be sending my JUN flywheel out for resurfacing. Also gonna rebuild the AD22s before I put em on the XE.

#14 ·
throwing in suspension today

this is just the rear so far. still have to put nx's sway bar in too. those drums won't be around for long.

#22 ·
JUN 9 lb flywheel. Prothane motor mounts. Still waiting for the ACT clutch...yee haw! I can't wait to drive this thing. Also installed the NX rear sway bar today with Moog links w/bushings. They almost seem like a soft urethane, not rubbery.

#24 ·
nice mounts

#25 ·
Updates soon. Rear suspension done. GAY16 ready to come out. Almost positive I am doing a Exedy stage 1 and want to do a 2 pulley set. Maybe just a crank would be nice. Also get my FSTB too. I love the sleeper look, but I want a se-r trunk. I miss having it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.